Concert Review: Reo Speedwagon/STYX/Eddie Money
Posted by: Eric ()
Date: May 30, 2000 01:23AM

I was a the show last night at the PNC arts center in NJ. What a show! Starting off with Eddie Money who performed his hits to the delight of all who attended. It was good to see so many people at there seats, which is rare for most opening acts, but Eddie still brings'em in. Reo who was the headliner were also great. Kevin now with blond hair through me off at first but they were tight. While the lead guitar player was good, I did miss Gary R's signature guitar sound. Then there was Styx, who were the second act but the best by far. I agree with Andrew and Dennis DeYoung that the last CD was a disappointment and the idea of STYX without Dennis didn't seem right. But I have one name to sum it all up..Lawrence Gowan............AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I heard from this site he had talent, and an online friend said to give the new lineup a chance. This guy sounds like Dennis and did his songs justice. He also has a great stage presence. His keyboard set up rotated and he was all over. The downside was that not many other Dennis songs were not covered, re: Paradise Theater. Glenn Burtnick also fit well.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Concert Review: Reo Speedwagon/STYX/Eddie Money225 Eric 05/30/2000 01:23AM
REO and Styx are co-headlining all shows 145 Bladesian 05/30/2000 02:47AM
RE: REO and Styx are co-headlining all shows 198 Rocker Chic 05/31/2000 12:55AM
RE: REO and Styx are co-headlining all shows 147 Bladesian 06/01/2000 08:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.