RE: New Foreigner compilation CD
Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: June 04, 2000 03:03AM

I, like many other fans, also want to see Foreigner get their new disc out as soon as possible. Believe me, its frustrating to know when they have about 15 - 20 songs in the demo stages that have been kicking aorund since 1996. And the smattering of new stuff that I have heard is some seriously good rocking stuff.....

....but it surely is a frustration for the band with all the things that have been going on to delay things -- most notably Lou Gramm's illness that he went thru in 1997, and is still recovering from (heck--he's lucky he's alive) and continued frustrations over securing the right domestic record label --of which again, Lou's illness threw a wrench into the works......

But enough dismal thoughts....LOL. FWIW - there is a good feeling of positiveness lately over Lou's recovery and performances that point towards getting the new CD out ASAP. Hopefully--I think they can turn this compilation CD (the publicity out of it) and an upcoming appearance on VH1's Behind The Music into a nice boost for the new CD.

I have no illusions that they will be back on top like they were in their prime (a la '4' & 'AP' era), but I think there is still some wonderful stuff waiting to be produced that the fans will love, and live -- they are still a nice bang for your buck to go watch on the summer tour circuit.

Melanie :)
Inside Information: The Foreigner Files
http://www.foreignerfiles.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
New Foreigner compilation CD 255 SC 05/29/2000 11:52PM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 184 Kevin 05/30/2000 07:06AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 163 SC 05/31/2000 12:55AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 172 Kevin 05/31/2000 12:21PM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 192 F.O.R.D. 05/31/2000 03:22AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 177 SC 05/31/2000 10:25AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD191 Melanie 06/04/2000 03:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.