New Foreigner compilation CD
Posted by: SC ()
Date: May 29, 2000 11:52PM

Do we really need another compilation CD from Foreigner? No. We need a new studio album. It's a sad fact that when most bands are either past their prime or near the end of their run, that all of the compilation products come out. You know, Greatest Hits, a Live album, Unplugged and the everpopular box set(which I think should be reserved for the end of a band's career, even though they usually come out pretty much near the end anyway). Take a look at Cheap Trick, KISS, Alice Cooper and most other artists that have been around for at least twenty years. I love them all, but I want new product. Greatest hits are usually for people who are "average" fans and don't have any of the bands albums, but just want the hits. Labels realised that they could get the die hards to buy the greatest hits albums if the bands would throw on a new track or two, which is okay. At least there is an effort made to do something new.

I'm not knocking Foreigner as being washed up, but come on. There's 'Records', 'Hits & Beyond'(which at least had 3 new songsthat I thought were great), "Classics Live" and the 5 song "unplugged" CD they were selling at their shows. Now another compilation? Am I mistaken or don't they only have 8 studio records? How many times are we going to be subject to the same songs being recycled? And now they're going to throw in some Spooky Tooth and solo stuff from Mick and Lou? Whoopdy doo! Let's see...if you took out the solo tracks, the Spooky Tooth tracks(which have been available for years), something tells me you're just left with the same old tracks on just one disc, not 2. Classic yes, but either give us some new tracks with it(to make it somewhat justified)or some unreleased Foreigner tracks, maybe a radio mix or a few remixes like the Deep Purple series.

Not even saying that the band is at fault here, most likely it is Rhino. But I'm sure Foreigner is all for it as they'll make money and still have something new in the bins. I loved 'Mr. Moonlight', but I fear that a new album this year seems highly unlikely. As a matter of fact, I doubt they will even release another 3 studio records. I hope I'm wrong, but the odds don't look good.

Just my two cents. Don't get bent out of shape about it.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
New Foreigner compilation CD213 SC 05/29/2000 11:52PM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 169 Kevin 05/30/2000 07:06AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 146 SC 05/31/2000 12:55AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 154 Kevin 05/31/2000 12:21PM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 173 F.O.R.D. 05/31/2000 03:22AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 163 SC 05/31/2000 10:25AM
RE: New Foreigner compilation CD 168 Melanie 06/04/2000 03:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.