RE: DARE 7 Bob Catley!!
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: May 29, 2000 03:39AM

Alex siedler wrote:
-------------------------------
Hi again folks!

I got some questions.; maybe some of you might help me!

1. I once found a site with the whole Dare discography (..all singles etc..) and on one ( i forgot which one it was) was a B-side on called "run to me". Is it the same track or a re-recording apppearing on the MTM Vol 4 Sampler and on the Japanese version?

It is a re-recording of a mid-tempo song (the original b-side) turned into a pure ballad. And, as far as re-recordings go, the demo for "Walk on the Water" is very different from either the version on the MTM sampler which is different to the final version on the Calm Before the Storm cd.

2. I wonder if anyone can tell me how Bob Catleys LEGENDS is?? I bought the tower a few months and after really hating it i started to love it.

I think Mike did a pretty good job of describing Legends. Soundwise, it is a bit of a mix between The Tower and Ten. The production is a bit more straight-forward than The Tower, though this isn't a criticism by any means as it is very good--just a different approach. The songs are also less personal--for lack of a better term--as the songs are about myths and legends. To sum it up, a very good album, but "The Tower, Part 2", it is not.

Also, is Live at the gods still available and how is it like?

It is still out there as far as I know. A very good recording of the '98 Gods performance with a KILLER version of "Lonely Night". Songs are a little bit heavier than the album also, which is also interesting to hear....and Catley sounds awesome as always.

Kevin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
DARE 7 Bob Catley!! 217 Alex siedler 05/28/2000 11:29PM
RE: DARE 7 Bob Catley!! 180 Mike 05/29/2000 12:18AM
RE: DARE 7 Bob Catley!!165 Kevin 05/29/2000 03:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.