Re: Prophet
Posted by: exnewyorker ()
Date: April 10, 2001 03:57AM

A-fucking greed!!! BUY OR DIE!!!! I had the pleasure of seeing the original lineup (with Ted Poley) in action back in the day..simply awesome!!!

It's great to see this stuff get a reissue even though I damn near paid a fortune for a copy of S/T on CD. A funny thing happened on Ebay awhile back when I first got my PC some 3 years ago. Someone had a copy of that Alfa/Brunette Japan release up for grabs, & me another guy (who became good net buddies) were constantly outbidding one another to claim the prize. Apparently, it had been one of the first copies ever listed on Ebay, & not too many people knew about the greatness of that CD. Anyway, to make a long story short, we both lost out in the bidding war (mind you--this was before Esnipe & all the other auction gadgetry they have for download now) to none other than Michael Dubman..brother of guitarist Ken. My buddy & I got personal emails from him after the auction had closed wondering why we would pay out the ass for such an "obscure" (his own words) band! Of course I had to explain to him that stuff like this actually had value to us AOR heads!!! He is a collector, but only of "classic' rock like Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I guess the members of Prophet had NO idea Brunette even reissued the stuff..its was news to him. Ken is (was?) happily running a charter boat on the Jersey shore & playing jazz/blues in clubs on the side. Thought he gave up rock for good, but not so!!! Thank you Z Records for waking the giant!

Rock on...

exnewyorker

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Prophet 110 Marc 04/09/2001 08:20AM
Re: Prophet 78 CARLOS DESTROYER 04/09/2001 08:37AM
Re: Prophet 89 koogles 04/09/2001 11:48PM
Re: Prophet128 exnewyorker 04/10/2001 03:57AM
Re: Prophet 76 Bart 04/10/2001 04:56AM
Re: Prophet 72Z Webmaster04/10/2001 09:05AM
Re: Prophet 88 Tinger 04/11/2001 12:19AM
Re: Prophet 69 Brian 04/10/2001 04:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.