Kiss's final melbourne show--Review.
Posted by: Capt Kaos ()
Date: April 06, 2001 01:56PM

The show started at around 9:00... wasnt actually going to go but a mate called me up at 7:00 and said he had a spare ticket.. GROUSE im commin......

Got there and screamin jets were in support heaRD last two songs of their set..sounded pretty good but we all came for KISS......

Then it happened they opened up with detroit Rock city with all there makeup and glory...Gene Paul, ACE, and eric singer(criss wasnt there who cares his probably practising with ringo starr !!!!)
Im not the biggest kiss fan ... didnt know most of the older songs but they sure sounded good it was a real sort of rock set.. Cold GIN, lick it up, shout it out..ETC ALL THEIR old classics...The sound was FUCKEN loud you could feel the pounding of the drums from the back!!!! The songs were excellently excecuted I thought

ACE was ACE....he was really on the ball his solo's were quite excellent melodic and fast.. he did a little six minute solo which included his guitar going on fire.. HE WAS ON FIRE!!!
a true legend....

. GENE was gene found it annoying the way he was always spitting /slagging at the crowd..didnt really notice his playing.. his singing was ok..

.PAUL was a real crowd pleaser all the moves and his voice was just amazing he kept the crowd on their feet did a little ballad medly which included forever, Sandy etc..His singing was perfect....

ERIC just shined all night with his peter criss look I didnt know it was eric until paul introduced him half way through the set i was thinking this peter criss aint to bad( mistaken identity)

The encore performance was I was made for loving you and "rockn roll all night) liked aces guitar with the spinning swirl firework from his guitar as he was playing the solo....
Also included a short medly of older songs .... "she" and some song "New YORK or something it had a cool riff"

All in all was a great concert THAT WAS KISS!!! also went to goldfingers(strippers) after the show to meet the band..but thats another review!!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Kiss's final melbourne show--Review.72Capt Kaos04/06/2001 01:56PM
Re: Kiss's final melbourne show--Review. 54 Richard 04/06/2001 03:06PM
Re: Kiss's final melbourne show--Review. 48Capt Kaos04/07/2001 09:35AM
Re: Kiss's final melbourne show--Review. 58 Richard 04/07/2001 07:29PM
Sydney Show report 54 Paul 04/08/2001 01:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.