Warrant rant
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: April 05, 2001 03:17PM

Sorry dudes, will I ever get over them? Proly not. Unfortunately every few weeks I have to vent here, so apologies to those it irritates.

The Latest and Greatest they released back in 99, much maligned for its remixed old material, I don't have it and avoided it for all those reasons. On the other hand I didn't realise there were three 'new' tracks on it. So I'm surfing Downboys.com this morning and read about them, they seem stoked with them even though they're major fans hence the web site, but I figure what the hey and seek out some mp3's.

I've listened to them a couple of times now and I've gotta say I really dig them. The Jones, Southern Comfort and Bad Tattoo, great guitar work is the stand out for me and Jani's voice still sounds pretty good. I'm hearing less pop and more blues, a more laid back rock sound, and typically good lyrics. Not a bad production job too (unless of course the mp3's were encoded with some enhancement).

They keep saying in interviews and news bytes that they are working on material for the new album, I hope they include these tracks and continue in this vein.

And just as an aside, I found two other tracks that Jani has sung on, "Panama" and "Photograph" - I assume for tribute albums? They sound pretty cool too, particularly Panama, he really suits it. Ok, I'm done. Anyone else like this 'new' material?

Cheers and beers

Benno

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Warrant rant90 Benno 04/05/2001 03:17PM
Re: Warrant rant 67 Brian 04/05/2001 05:20PM
Re: Warrant rant... very good! 56 KAOS FAN 04/05/2001 05:22PM
Re: Warrant rant... very good! 71 j.blackout 04/06/2001 12:34AM
Re: My Warrant Rant 65 Vince 04/06/2001 09:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.