IRON MAIDEN'S DIRECTION!
Posted by: KAOS FAN ()
Date: May 26, 2000 12:42PM

Much speculation on the Maiden tour and especially support slots. I for one can appreciate the reasoning behind Slayer supporting Maiden(as John Q) suggests but frankly I'm disappointed. Maiden do not need anyone to maximise their arena pulling potential. The interest in the reformation worldwide has been phenomenal and I feel they should have taken a chance in the American market and got a good melodic hard rock band like TEN or perhaps as Mark Ashton suggested Edguy, Stratovarius etc. Even on their preparatory tour of America last year Maiden filled arenas everywhere. Why have Slayer on the support - their fanbase is nowhere near as big as Maiden's(granted they are loyal) and I feel it was time to take a chance.
And this talk of demographics is illusory - here in Australia Maiden are loved by the kids and the older metal fan. They have cred across the board and the interest surrounding the Maiden tour is really great. I saw Helloween support Maiden two years ago in Britain and frankly with Bayley on vocals Helloween were better. But with BRUCE back I expect a great comeback! But like I say I would prefer Maiden taking a chance with their support slots, and especially incorporate more melodic bands into the lineup than Slayer. I would suggest as possibles Ten , Helloween etc., or if American bands are required what about the melodic power metal bands ICED EARTH or VIRGIN STEELE or even SAVATAGE. CHEERS.KAOS FAN.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
IRON MAIDEN'S DIRECTION!270 KAOS FAN 05/26/2000 12:42PM
RE: IRON MAIDEN SUPPORT SLOT 184 Stigma 05/26/2000 07:30PM
RE: IRON MAIDEN SUPPORT SLOT 174John Q05/27/2000 10:25AM
RE: IRON MAIDEN'S DIRECTION! 159Surfpunk05/27/2000 08:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.