Different Versions of Whitesnake - Live...in the H
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 02, 2001 11:26AM

I've posted this to several mailing lists I'm on, but figured I'd try here as well in hopes of finding (and spreading) information.

I picked this up yesterday and when I got home and found out I already had this CD (when you have 3500 discs, this inevitably happens at some point). Lo and behold it's a different pressing with different tracks. If someone has information about the various versions of this disc, please speak up:

Whitesnake - Live...in the Heart of the City. 1980.

The version I already had was on Geffen Records (9 24168-2) and has 7 tracks:

1. Come On (3:40)
2. Sweet Talker (4:16)
3. Walking in the Shadow of the Blues (5:01)
4. Love Hunter (10:53)
5. Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City (7:24)
6. Fool For Your Loving (4:45)
7. Take Me With You (6:39)

The CD I found yesterday is on Underdog Records (CA 97637) France. The cover art is almost identical (the "Live...in the" wording is in orange instead of yellow, however), the back of the booklet has b&w pictures of the band (on the Geffen pressing the back of the booklet is simply a repeat of the picture on the tray
card), and the tray card on this one does not have any picture.

Moreover there are 10 tracks instead of 7, and "Take Me With You" from the Geffen release is ommitted (so there are 4 songs on this pressing not on the Geffen release). Also, on the 6 songs that are on both pressings, the track times are all slightly different:

1. Come On (3:41)
2. Sweet Talker (4:10)
3. Walking in the Shadow of the Blues (4:49)
4. Love Hunter (11:00)
5. Fool For Your Loving (4:43)
6. Ain't Gonna Cry No More (6:63)
7. Ready 'n Willing (4:45)
8. Might Just Take Your Life (4:55)
9. Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City (6:39)
10. Mistreated (10:40)

Any clue what the [CENSORED] is up with these? Apparently I'll have to keep 'em both in order to have all the tracks. :)

Thanks,

-Dan

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Different Versions of Whitesnake - Live...in the H104 Dan 04/02/2001 11:26AM
Re: Different Versions of Whitesnake - Live...in t 77 Fred 04/02/2001 06:41PM
Re: Different Versions of Whitesnake - Live...in t 61 Laurent 04/03/2001 01:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.