Re: Halford Live Insurrection
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: April 02, 2001 09:08AM

I think this is an awesome disc - got the Jap version. Of course, it's probably about as doctored up as 'Unleashed In The East', a/k/a 'Unleashed In The Studio', back when - or pretty much any other major live album ofr that matter. @!#$, not even Glenn Hughes' vocals on 'Burning Live Japan' are live - and he is 'The Voice Of Rock'! Everybody cheats to one degree or another. Of course, the question is - do fans really want a true-to-the-meaning live album and hear mistakes/imperfections (such as James LaBrie screeching (off key) thru half the set on Dream Theater's 'Once In A Livetime') or suspend belief for the sake of a more perfect product. I don't mind the latter because I know Halford, Hughes, etc. aren't Milli Vanilli and can indeed SING and have proven it time and time again. I'll be listening to 'Live Insurrection' for years - I'll never play the Dream Theater disc ever again.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Halford Live Insurrection 89danthecdman04/02/2001 08:52AM
Re: Halford Live Insurrection57John Q04/02/2001 09:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.