Re: Interesting...but no!
Posted by: P Dog ()
Date: April 01, 2001 11:34AM

I once was a comic book collector. The fan bible of collecting, Comic Buyer's Guide, frequently included reviews.

The mother of comics, Marvel (home of X-Men), didn't like that the editor of the publication didn't review many Marvel comics with high favor. I'm not sure if Marvel was sending free books or not, but I think Marvel threatened to pull advertising, etc., if unfavorable reviews continued. (I don't remember the details.)

Anyway, with or without free copies, it was hard to keep the reading public from knowing the details. (That, or the editor spilled the beans.) The editor didn't write negative reviews of Marvel books, and adopted a policy of including only "positive" reviews of Marvel's material.

What happened? There were very few Marvel comics reviewed in his weekly column, thus indicating that he didn't favor most of Marvel's stock. And everyone knew he read many Marvel books weekly, whether he reviewed them or not.

It must be an honor to know that someone thinks highly enough of the power of your review, Andrew, to not send material for fear they won't win an endorsement.

Of course I tell you this even though I don't like your site, and have it out for you, according to you.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Andrew... has anyone ever bribed you? 89 koogles 04/01/2001 08:29AM
Interesting...but no! 57 Andrew 04/01/2001 09:11AM
Re: Interesting...but no! 65 Mafia boy 04/01/2001 11:05AM
Re: Interesting...but no!58P Dog04/01/2001 11:34AM
Another great stroy... 82 Andrew 04/01/2001 05:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.