Re: Danny , How would you describe your sound ??
Posted by: Danny Danzi ()
Date: April 03, 2001 08:26AM

Hi Melodic, Craig,

Thanks for the kind words! Yep, appreciate my fans I do. It's certainly not a gimmick to sell albums or soften anybody up. Those that truly know me, (like dearest Rogue) know of my sincerity. :-)

As for my sound, Rogue was pretty on the mark with her comments, but I'd like to add my personal opinion if I may. Definitely rockin, shreddin, and plenty of hooks to sing along with. The Morales comment would definitely apply to a few songs, but I'm a bit heavier guitar wise. Same kinds of hooks though, just a heavier impact.

I always tell people I think I have the attitude and similar style of old Van Halen, Journey, Bad English. Dokken, Giant, Whitesnake. Mind you, I don't sound like any of those bands, but those are the influences you'll hear mostly. There's a new tune on my site called "Eternity" which you can download in full in the misc audio/video section of my site. The song will appear on the new album, and the version you will hear on the site is the pre-production version. I feel it's definitely one of the best tunes I've ever written, and the hook is to die for!

The new album is going to be a bit heavier, but will still contain the hook oriented stuff heard on SLIT. A few of the songs will also be a bit more commercial sounding than those on SLIT, but it will be a nice balance. I also have a full band now so I won't be playing all the instruments on this album. (Thank God!) It's so much better when you have guys that specialize in these fields, and less of a burden on me. But at the time of SLIT's creation, all I had was me and I did the best I could with the time alotted in that situation.

So no worries on this new album being a gut-wrenching metal album with mindless shred guitar. It will be well balanced, well recorded and well produced and that's a promise, or it won't be released. I owe you guys a great album (as well as myself) and that's what you shall get since we've all waited so long. I'd fill this notice board with all the trials and tribulations that have come my way as to why this album has taken so long to deliver, but I'd rather have a few a bit mad at me for taking a little longer to release than lose fans because I was rushed and put out something that wasn't deserving of a purchase.

So hang in there with me and I'll promise you an album's worth of enjoyment with no filler material and great hooks. Special thanks to all those who have supported me and waited patiently for the new album....it's going to be worth the wait, you have my word on that! Thanks again for the inquiry.

Sincerely,

Danny Danzi
http://www.dannydanzi.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Danny Danzi? 101 Craig Conley 04/01/2001 12:12AM
Re: Danny , How would you describe your sound ?? 64 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 04/01/2001 03:10AM
Re: Danny , How would you describe your sound ?? 85 Rogue 04/01/2001 09:08AM
Re: Danny , How would you describe your sound ??94 Danny Danzi 04/03/2001 08:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.