Reviews statement...
Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: March 31, 2001 10:22AM

Hey Melodic Lover...adn toher interested parties...

First - thank you for the kind words and the over the top praise :)
I won't let that go to my head, as others may not be so in agreeance with you, but the general feedback I get (just this week I sent out a question on it to the mailing list) says that I am pretty close tot he mark and that the reviews are accurate.

Having said that, I have marked several things highly recently, but you still have to read the whole review to gather if that mark and style is what fits your taste.

I also agree that there is always room for improvement and that improvement will be coming soon in the form of new even bigger and better reviews!!
I will not be happy until I get a 100% approval from all that read my reviews.

I really like what Melodic Lover has said here:

> The other point here would be the webmasters who use to
> pander Cds that for some of us might be just crap ...but
> you've got to think that's his/her taste and there's nothing
> wrong with that , we just got to find out what webmaster's
> taste matches ours .

EXACTLY!!
That is why I only do the reviews myself. You may agree or not agree, but at least there is some continuity to the style and taste of the review.
You get to know my taste - any my sometimes over the top endorsement of a style/album/sound and you get to see if that fits in with your tastes etc...
That is why no one else will ever write reviews for the site.
Unfortunatly it takes me so long to write the reviews, but that is why there is extra detail in them, so hopefully you will at least come away with a full idea in mind of the sound and style of the CD.

> suckin' the melodic rock big tit ;-) , Andrew's reviews are
> always great and quite accurate I might add here , to me at
> least they're the best ones on the net ...by far , well I
> suppose that's just a matter of taste ..., and the truth is
> that it really upsets me whenever I spot someone tryin' to
> jump on him , givin' him a hard time ...

Thanks mate...
But I don't mind being jumped on if there is a point to it and if it in the end will make my reviews even better.
I feel out there now that there is a need to be a little harder on the releases, so to try an dnut out the good ones from the bad. I hope I will always do that.
There is a lot of good stuff out there, but as there is quite a bit of variety, the reviews must reflect that and try and point out who best the release be suited to.

I hope this addresses a few issues out there.
basically, my style won't change - I am consistent at least - but I will always aim to make the reviews bigger and better and more accurate.

As for hyping, I don't believe I do that too much. The high marks might be a reflection of how I personally feel about a title - I am a die hard fa here also :) and I do have my favorites (that MUST be perfectly clear and obvious!!) - but I will still be truthful and accurate. Read between the lines and you will know if the sound and style suits you.

As far as saying this is their best release ever for every release - I don't believe I do that, unless it is their best effort to date - whihc has been the case in a few good instances...

Firehouse and Motley Crue - mentioned here in this mini debate - I think I hit those on the head with my descriptions, good but not classic.
Firehouse even e-mailed me a thankyou for the honest review. Nice that....

Any other problems and questions - e-mail me, I will always try and get a reply back.

Best regards,
Andrew.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
irritating trend of over-hyping new melodicrock re 88 Mrpool 03/29/2001 09:29AM
Re: irritating trend of over-hyping new melodicroc 58 Kevin 03/29/2001 12:00PM
I agree to a point 60 Benno 03/29/2001 12:14PM
Re: irritating trend of over-hyping new melodicroc 68 Brian Mc 03/29/2001 12:27PM
Re: YOU're damn RIGHT !!! . 67 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 03/29/2001 12:55PM
Reviews statement...58 Andrew 03/31/2001 10:22AM
Don't believe the hype! 61John Q03/29/2001 01:16PM
Re: Don't believe the hype! 60 AORMAN 03/29/2001 05:02PM
More soundbytes... 70 Andrew 03/31/2001 10:29AM
Re: irritating trend of over-hyping new melodicroc 70 Brian 03/30/2001 05:48PM
Re: irritating trend of over-hyping new melodicroc 70 Andrew 03/31/2001 10:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.