RE: Von Groove: my thoughts...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: May 24, 2000 04:00PM

I discovered these guys as a result of tape-trading with Bruce. He was bang-on in thinking that I might enjoy the s/t album. Since then, I have acquired most of their other stuff. I still like the s/t album the best, but then again, I've had more time with it than any of their other stuff. And I still think that their other stuff is VERY worthwhile, too. I really dig this band's sound. It's crunchy, edgy, ballsy, and yet very melodic hard rock. I suppose it isn't highly original or anything, but as I've repeatedly stated on this board, that means very little to me. Although they don't necessarily sound like any of these bands, I'd say that musically, overall, these guys fit right in alongside acts such as Dokken, XYZ, Enuff 'Znuff and countless other '80s/early '90s bands. I'm sure that if I put a little thought into it I could come up with a few pretty decent comparisons, but right now I just don't have any time to do so. I can, however, say that at times the singer's voice reminds me of Donnie Vie (Enuff 'Znuff), and at other times he reminds me a little of Jon Bon Jovi. Still other times he reminds me of someone else, but I can't for the life of me figure out who. Anyways, I hope this rambling has been of some help to you. I can definitely relate when you say that you were expecting a softer AOR-style band. That's what I had envisioned too. But that's a long way from the truth. The bottom line is that their stuff is all worthwhile, IMO, if you can find it. Good luck and enjoy...
Don

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Von Groove 144Ace05/24/2000 05:18AM
RE: Von Groove 101 ToneDeF 05/24/2000 11:15AM
RE: Von Groove: my thoughts...92 Don 05/24/2000 04:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.