Von Groove
Posted by: Ace ()
Date: May 24, 2000 05:18AM

Hey all. I've heard about Von Groove for quite a while on this site, but never picked anything up for one reason or another. Anyways, Terrible Ted's was having a spring clearance sale and I saw Von Groove's s/t album for $5, so I thought I'd give it a shot. First off, I'd like to state that I did not realize that they have been around this long, the cd's date was 1992, and I was also surprised to see that they were on a major label (Chysalis). I had thought that they were a new band, but I guess not. Anyways, picked up the cd and I think it's really good. I think that I expected something similar to Journey/Survivor since those bands are the focus of alot of people who visit this website, and don't get me wrong, I like Survivor and love Journey, but I wasn't interested in another band trying to sound like them. Von Groove definitely does not sound like either band, and had an edge to their music. How many releases does this band have and how good are they?

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Von Groove145Ace05/24/2000 05:18AM
RE: Von Groove 103 ToneDeF 05/24/2000 11:15AM
RE: Von Groove: my thoughts... 93 Don 05/24/2000 04:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.