Re: KFD
Posted by: Blackout ()
Date: March 17, 2001 02:08AM

Yeah, I know most people don't dig KFD. I think what helped with me was that the only WASP album I had prior to KFD was Crimson Idol, so I wasn't too familiar with the typical WASP sound, although I suspected that it was a change of pace. What I liked about KFD was that at the time I was going through some @!#$ with my old girl and I identified with a lot of the more angry, negative aspects of the songs. That sounds pretty stupid but I guess I was just in the mood for a dark, hollow album when I bought it. I agree though, the drum machine was shitty. If those tracks were played with some legit stuido instruments it would have been totally killer. I have heard Double Live Assassins and the KFD tracks are done very well, the mix is pretty good and the songs lose a lot of the techno vibe on stage which you might dig more.

I LOVED Headless Children though and so I'm eager to pick up Terror. I also love it when Blackie is rallying against something (in this case religious hypocrisy right?) There's always a theme to his alubms. With Headless it was war, with Crimson Idol it was the music industry, with Still Not Black it was a bunch of stuff left over from Crimson, with KFD it was relationships, and with Helldorado it was...I don't know, evil cars or something :) That album was kind of silly. Although I did like the title track but then, the rest of the album sounded exactly like the title track.

Benno, you ever see the movie The Dungeonmaster? Its a cheapo 1984 sci-fi flick where WASP is featured in a fantasy sequence. They play Tormentor. I'm only mentioning cause I just saw it on tv.

jb

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
WASP, nice one! 125 Benno 03/15/2001 01:00PM
Re: WASP, nice one! 89 Daniel 03/15/2001 09:21PM
WASP rules, Helldorado sucked!!! 86 Blackout 03/16/2001 01:26AM
Re: WASP rules, Helldorado sucked!!! 84danthecdman03/16/2001 08:01AM
Comparisons, Tracks and other WASP discs 111 Benno 03/16/2001 12:34PM
Re: WASP rules, Helldorado sucked!!! 89 Blackout 03/16/2001 08:53AM
KFD 85 Benno 03/16/2001 12:40PM
Re: KFD78 Blackout 03/17/2001 02:08AM
Re: KFD 86danthecdman03/17/2001 09:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.