Re: Currrent Lynchmob tour
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: March 13, 2001 06:02AM

I saw them and was very disappointed. Chuck Garric, the bass player, had fun and Jimmy D'Anda was a pleasure to watch - great drummer! - but Oni didn't seem to be into all that much and sounded just OK. The lowpoint was Lynch himself though who's a shadow of his former self. He played like @!#$, put no feeling into his solos, turned away from the audience all night safe for some of his solo spots, and seemed even more introverted than usual. You could literally tell he didn't want to be there (surprise, surprise if you read his very candid interview on knac.com where he admits as much). Of course, they refused to play anything from the second album and instead played songs from the lame '99 demo EP. And I hate to say because I'm basically a big fan of the first 2 albums, but some of those songs sound very dated and uninspired 10 years later - even more so when half the band doesn't put any effort into it. Armored Saint kicked LM's ass royally and Dio was awesome, too.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Currrent Lynchmob tour 94Bighairnolonger03/13/2001 05:37AM
Re: Currrent Lynchmob tour68John Q03/13/2001 06:02AM
Re: Currrent Lynchmob tour 67Bighairnolonger03/13/2001 08:57AM
Re: Currrent Lynchmob tour 66 CARL 03/16/2001 05:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.