Disagree Totally!
Posted by: Surfpunk ()
Date: March 14, 2001 05:00AM

After giving the album constant listening since Friday I love almost every track and I just don't understand the criticism. 'Beyond Beautiful' is a classic Aerosmith Zeppelinesque album opener, the riff to 'Just Press Play' could have come of 'Get Your Wings', the addition of 'scratching just updates the sound. 'Sunshine' has some great Tyler (?) lyrics. 'Outta Your Head' sees Tyler 'rapping' in the style he did on 'Walk This Way' but makes use of modern technology to give a different vibe to the song and the acoustic based album closer is 2 1/2 minutes of brilliance.
I could go on about every song but I won't. I know I seem to be in the minority here so far on this album but I can't help thinking people are dismissing it after only one or two listens and maybe not of the whole record. I agree that the cover art sucks somewhat, but I hope that isn't what people are judging it on!

Mind you, I love 'Nine Lives' as well! The title track rocked like a bastard and in 'Crash' the band created a 'Toys in the Attic' for the 90's.

How many other bands will get as far as Aerosmith have? As far as I'm concerned they remain a living legend and can rightfully claim to be

'Americas greatest rock'n roll band. Period.'

Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Aerosmith's Just push Play artwork 87CRB03/12/2001 03:26PM
Re: Aerosmith's Just push Play artwork 66 Susumu 03/12/2001 09:32PM
The album and cover still sucks 59 Paul 03/13/2001 09:07PM
Disagree Totally!61Surfpunk03/14/2001 05:00AM
Re: Disagree Totally! 66 Carl 1 03/14/2001 06:16AM
Aerosmith and John Sykes 60Dr X03/14/2001 06:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.