interesting comments i read about ticket prices
Posted by: jeff dubay ()
Date: March 11, 2001 02:16PM

Today I bought two tickets to Tesla at the Oakdale in CT.
face value 23.50 Total cost billed to my CC was $66 dollars.
almost 10 in charges, almost 50% of ticket value. And this was through their box office and not tickets.com.

Pearl Jam was right in the past with their failed attempt at
hurting ticketmaster. These fees are totally out of control. But what can be done? Can we call local legislatures to protect ticket buyers? it's one thing to pay $10 if you are buying a $100 dollar Who ticket but $10 for a $23 dollar ticket? There should be some sort of percent ceiling on these fees.

ALSO:

....back to the time before Ticketmaster and the other agencies. If you lived in Nashville, and your favorite band wasn't coming any closer than Atlanta, you had a binary decision set: you either drove to Atlanta to the venue box office and stood in line for hours (or days) to get your tickets, or you skipped the show. To me, being able to go to my local record store, or horror! order tickets by phone for a show that may be miles and weeks away is worth paying a convenience charge.

I can't speak for the box office charges, because I don't go to the box office. I'm just a little tired of people giving agencies like Ticketmaster a bunch of @!#$ for practicing free enterprise.

ANYONE HAVE A THOUGHT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER?

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
interesting comments i read about ticket prices104jeff dubay03/11/2001 02:16PM
Re: interesting comments i read about ticket price 69 Bladesian 03/12/2001 04:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.