BON JOVI-7800 DEGREES IS A GREAT ALBUM
Date: March 06, 2001 07:15AM

Time after time in reviews and also in interviews with Jon Bon Jovi I read that 7800 was a really poor album and not worthy to be owned.

Whilst I feel that the PRODUCTION on the album really sucks compared to other albums of the day, I feel that the songs are wonderful. Richie Sambora's guitar work is superb and songs such as In & Out of Love, The price of Love, Only Lonely, Tokyo Road, Silent Night etc are amongst some of my favourites from their entire career.

Taste is a personal and subjective thing and the album was possably overshadowed by the excellant 1st album and obviously Slippery When Wet, but I don't feel that it deserves the maligning it gets. I don't care so much for New Jersey personally (I feel that Jon was trying a little too hard to be Bruce Springsteen-Blood on Blood etc) I only wish they would play more songs from the first two albums live as I have very fond memories of seeing them done live on the tours to support these albums.

Question: Is the remastered version of 7800 any better production wise?

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
BON JOVI-7800 DEGREES IS A GREAT ALBUM104 JONATHAN-GUITARDOC 03/06/2001 07:15AM
yes it is! 64 sfk kurt 03/06/2001 07:48AM
my one cent 72dark 80's chris03/06/2001 08:37AM
Re: yes it is! 71 johnny blackout 03/06/2001 08:16AM
Loved Silent Night 75 Okie 03/06/2001 01:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.