TSAR - UK Live Review.
Posted by: Surfpunk ()
Date: March 05, 2001 02:29AM

Carl 1 mentioned this in a 'Nu Breed' post further down, but this is in case anyone missed it.

TSAR have just played some of the lowest key gigs in the UK known to man! Quite what they were trying to achieve I'm not sure, but word got around a few of us devotees here on the board and pretty much everyone seemed to think they were cool.

Tagged outside as an 'LA Nu-Punk outfit' they hit the stage with just that attitude straight into album opener 'Calling All Destroyers' (My song of last year!) and segued straight into 'Kathy Fong...' A quick look around the faces at the front and it seemed everyone who had actually gone to see the band was loving it. The locals all seemed a liitle non-plussed. Jeff S' androgynous kind of 'Son of Mike Monroe' image didn't seem to do him any favours with the 'Nonmoreblack' look of the punters but it didn't seem to phase him. The band barely paused for breath, omitting the slower songs from the album with the exception of the into to 'Teen Wizards'. The threw in one song not on the album and a cover of the DEAD BOYS 'Sonic Reducer'. Basically coming like a sort of REDD KROSS with a RAMONES attitude, and not unlike SILVER SUN.

One of the locals said to me that "I know some people were taking the piss but there's not a lot of bands come through the Withchwood like that. They'll be big next year".

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Jeff announced that the single ('I don't wanna break up') is coming out in the UK in March and the album in June. One thing is for certain, if it gets the same promotion as the gigs then it won't happen for them and THAT would be a great shame. Let's hope there's method in their madness somewhere.

Apparantly they're are going back to the States to go out with EVE 6 for a few weeks, (I told him to get word out that we want to see these bands over here) And are hoping to be back in the UK in April with a band called THE ATARIS.

Later Y'all...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
TSAR - UK Live Review.79Surfpunk03/05/2001 02:29AM
Re: TSAR - UK Live Review. 55 Matt 03/08/2001 02:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.