Re: Which albums would you recommend !!!!
Date: February 27, 2001 08:49AM

Hi Koogs , how are you doing , brother !! .

The review of the album was up until a few days ago at " WWW.ONTHEROCKS.DE/ " but it/s already been taken to
the review archive where the guy who runs the site only leaves a short comment ,
but I can tell you that he seemed pretty excited , telling that it/s
a good prog rock album and the best release by SAGA since many , many years !! .

Koogs go over there where you/ll find JONH WETTON/s review ,
it seems that is a turn back to the ASIA days without obviously reaching the classics " Only Time Will Tell , Heat of The moment " , and that it seems to be full of catchy melodies and pompous arrangements ...so look after your wrist , don/t you jingle it about too much ;-) !!! .

Koogs , regarding SAGA , I/ve got BEHAVIOUR , THE SECURITY OF ILLUSION , FULL CIRCLE , THE BEGINNER/S GUIDE TO THROWING SHAPES , AND STELL UMBRELLAS .

I still remember years ago when I was lucky enough of getting my hands in the album " The security of illusion " , which was actually my first SAGA album , and it was actually by chance , a friend of mine didn/t like it and trade it for a biscuit and a coffee
( I suppose that the honey ain/t made for the donkeys ) ;-) , ( kidding ) !!! .

That album is still my fave , dispite the fact that I enjoy the others
I think that they have been a bit inconsistent in the quality of their releases , with good and bad albums ...or at least with no much to offer ...when I heard " Full Circle " left me a bit cold , there were a couple of cool tracks there but nothing earth-shaking , the same has happened with other albums from the band ... the truth is that I/ve always been waiting for another " The security of illution " but it seems that they are gonna keep us waiting forever ... until a couple of months ago I found their album " STELL UMBRELLAS " at a second hand shop for 3 bucks , and I can tell that my faith is still alive , I think that is a really nice album with really great songs like " I walk with you " ,
with that special touch in the voice of MICHAEL SADLER that reminds me a bit of PAYNE ...I/m sure that Mr Pomp is gonna slap me for having said this ;-) !! ...just kidding Pomp ...and how about the lovely " Say goodbye to hollywood" ,
so with the reviews that I/ve been reading lately about their new album being their best in ...years , let/s see if the guys give us a joy , LOL !!! .

I/ve also got JAMES GILMOUR ( keys) " Instrumental Encounters" , which is a very relaxing album and I actually enjoy
it , and it/s also cool for paying guitar over the top while warming up and stuff !!! .

Koogs , I/d like to know what albums would you recommend me ,
I/ve heard that there/re a couple of " old " albums that are worth checking out , I/ve also heard that " GENERATION 13 " is a very hard to swallow album , so that has always kept me away from it and now you tell me that/s a pretty solid effort ...damn the guy who told it to me years ago ain/t into this kind of music at all ...I still wonder how could I be such a fool following his rotten taste, is this album really any good !! , as I told you before the truth is that SAGA has had its good and bad moments and because of this I always go with caution with the guys , because I/ve been let down a couple of times ...nothing like " THE SECURITY OF ILLUTION " ... to date !! .

Koogs , see if you can tell me something about " GENERATION 13 " , and which other albums would you recommend me !! .

I/ll get in touch with you in the following days !! .

TAKE CARE , ROCKER ;-) !!! .

MELODIC LOVER .

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
New Saga any good? 89 koogles 02/27/2001 04:21AM
Re: Which albums would you recommend !!!!85 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 02/27/2001 08:49AM
Saga's best effort is _Worlds Apart_. (np) 79 Big Doggie 02/28/2001 02:59AM
Re: New Saga any good? 66 Mad Dog 02/27/2001 10:24AM
Re: New Saga any good? 68 Thomas 02/28/2001 04:13AM
Re: New Saga any good? 70 croco 02/28/2001 11:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.