Re: Summer "Shed" US Tours? Napster
Posted by: Snake 65 ()
Date: February 23, 2001 10:59PM

Kris,
I agree. I used Def Leppard as an example because for the casual fan it would get them to go.
And not to start another thread from this but in this case Napster is a God send. If you are the casual fan who would see Def Lep but have no idea who Ten, Damned Nation, ect is Napster is the place that is going to help sell tickets and sell CD's.......PERIOD!
The casual fan is going to download some songs to hear these bands. Once he/she does this they will buy a ticket and go. I the bands hold up live many will buy the CD. This is more sales over the fans who buy them and know them now.
Sure..some will download for free and neve buy. But for AOR bands its worth it. Even if one CD more is sold thanks to Napster so be it.
Andrew and the bands and labels if you read this you must start putting together some cool packages and come hear. And please not these crappy clubs that the show don't start till midnight.
I live in NY near the PNC & Jones Beach. Why not a tour of Def Leppard/Joe Lynn Turner/Damned Nation/Two Fires....I would pay for that!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Now & Then / Frontiers News - 22 Feb 2001 139 Peter Sims 02/23/2001 08:25AM
Summer "Shed" US Tours? 82 Snake 65 02/23/2001 10:20AM
Re: Summer "Shed" US Tours? 83Kris02/23/2001 03:25PM
Re: Summer "Shed" US Tours? Napster90 Snake 65 02/23/2001 10:59PM
Re: Summer "Shed" US Tours? Napster 104Kris02/24/2001 12:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.