Two Donuts With Flames Coming Out the Bottom
Posted by: The Other Joe ()
Date: February 09, 2001 03:59AM

My boss brought in donuts today. That's usually a sign that something bad is going to happen soon. The big kahuna mentioned layoffs in a staff meeting last week, so this donut thing is probably related. It's not that I don't like donuts; I just don't like when they're used as vaseline for the soul. The problem with donuts is that they are empty calories - at least that's why my wife tells me. She is one of those insane protein fanatics who eats a pound of meat at every meal and thinks that's healthy. She was recently deputized by the carb police so she has sworn to uphold her commitment to protecting and serving by keeping all the bad foods out of the house. For me, these donuts are a great thing. Sure they're just empty calories and a spiritual lubrication, but they just taste good.

Today, I was listening to the new Two Fires disc which I just got recently and, looking at the album cover, couldn't help but think of donuts with those two spaceship thingies. The music is good. It's your basic, by-the-number Journey clone type stuff. Kind of like Frontline with just a little less substance. If that's possible. The singing is good. I guess he decided to go back to that Steve Perry tone and ditch that Bryan Adams tone thing he had going on Running With The Wind. You can't help but think the whole crew just went into the studio with a stack of Journey records and just played, well, anything that sounded like Journey. In trying to find something really positive to say about the disc, I decided that the best I could do was to be thankful that Frontiers didn't put the unremovable sticker on top of the song titles. It's just empty calories, too.

Joe

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Two Donuts With Flames Coming Out the Bottom108 The Other Joe 02/09/2001 03:59AM
Re: Two Donuts With Flames Coming Out the Bottom 101 croman 02/09/2001 01:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.