Thanks to All!
Posted by: Rocker Chic ()
Date: February 10, 2001 07:49AM

Wow, you guys are great! I just knew you guys could help! Not only did I get a lot of the detail that I was looking for, but the software recommendations are great. :-) And for my little "Rocker Chic In Training"... I had forgotten that you had done that so many years ago (doesn't seem that long, huh?). If I can get this thing up and working before I move, I'll finally get to send you some really "good" copies before next Christmas. :-D

Out of all of you who made software suggestions (thank you!), are there any of you out there who have tried a number of these and can recommend the best one(s) for me to try first? I'm not experienced in this sort of thing and wouldn't know which was the easiest to use, least confusing, best performance, etc.

I do believe it was the Y-cable that I'd heard of. I just didn't know if they even came with the types of connectors that I would need for my situation, or what types of connectors I should ask for, or whether I even needed adapters or not.

BTW, KISSaholic, I thought about using the headphone jack first, but wasn't sure if it was the best way to go for really good sound quality. My inital thought was to make a connection from there into where my PC microphone is currently plugged in, but I didn't know if something that sounded that simple would have really worked. ;-)

Also, your suggestion about copying the entire side to .wav files onto a CD and then editing them later sounds like a great idea. I have a CD-rewriteable drive, so I can theoretically copy each cassette side, and from those files create the tracks, but not have to waste another blank CD in the process. Basically what I end up doing when I duplicate cassettes anyway is: I copy the cassettes at regular speed (without using the high-speed dubbing option) onto more appropriate-sized tapes (in most cases) separately, and then I try to stop it at just the right places to fill the tape correctly. That's why it always takes me so long.

Many people just make one copy from their master and then make all the duplicates from that copy, but I insist on making all of my copies straight from the master. Call me crazy, but I think it makes for much better sound of these copies for my friends. I want them to sound as close to the original concert performance as possible! Or at least as good as my little stereo recorder can make it sound. ;-)

Thanks for the abundance of information, guys. You have been very helpful... As usual. :-)

RC

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
From Cassette to CD? 125 Rocker Chic 02/09/2001 12:05AM
Re: From Cassette to CD? 89 BantamMan 02/09/2001 01:41AM
Re: From Cassette to CD? 100 Daniel 02/09/2001 02:48AM
Re: From Cassette to CD? 94 R.C.I.T. 02/09/2001 07:02AM
musicmatch 88ace02/10/2001 02:52AM
Re: musicmatch 88Surfpunk02/10/2001 09:49AM
thanks Surfpunk....(np) 79Ace02/10/2001 11:06AM
Thanks Folks (np) 82 BantamMan 02/11/2001 02:50AM
Re: From Cassette to CD? 90Phil #202/09/2001 03:17AM
Re: From Cassette to CD? 79danthecdman02/09/2001 09:11AM
Re: From Cassette to CD? 83KISSaholic02/09/2001 01:28PM
Thanks to All!95 Rocker Chic 02/10/2001 07:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.