Re: Old School Rock in Europe
Posted by: Kieran ()
Date: February 08, 2001 01:01PM

Hi It depends on what you term as old school rock.If you are referring to melodic hard rock as played by the likes of Ten, Bob Catley , Heartland, Jaded Heart , old Harem Scarem etc. , yes it's true in one respect that apart from a (thriving?) underground scene bands like this (with the exception of Bob!!) rarely if ever play live , except for a Gods or label performance , however on mainland Europe, Germany especially bands seem to do better both sales wise and live performance wise.Again it's down to lack of radio , tv support , how can you let people know about new product if the two biggest formats are denied to you , I know it's a boring debate and we have done it all before but it's true.Hoiw can we expect kids to buy melodic hard rock is they are never given the oppertunity to listen to it??If your idea of old school rock refers to Iron Maiden , Kiss , Dream Theater, Dio, Motorhead , all these bands maintain a following from their 'heyday' and still do well (relativley speaking) in todays marketplace both album sales wise and gig wise.I recently saw Iron Maiden and Halford in Manchester on front of 10,000+, plus I know from listening and talking to others that most of these bands still attract decent crowds.I wouldn't agree with dead and buried , underground certainly , but beginning to flourish slowly...........cheers....Kieran

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Old School Rock in Europe 120 Ojane 02/08/2001 12:12AM
Re: Old School Rock in Europe 83 matt 02/08/2001 02:02AM
Peter..........Gotthard 89 alexander siedler 02/08/2001 06:06PM
Re: Peter..........Gotthard 78 Peter M. Bietenholz 02/08/2001 10:25PM
Just read on their homepage... 72Peter M. Bietenholz02/09/2001 04:51AM
Re: Old School Rock in Europe85Kieran02/08/2001 01:01PM
Re: Old School Rock in Europe 76Peter M. Bietenholz02/08/2001 05:47PM
Re: Old School Rock in Europe 100 Ojane 02/10/2001 02:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.