RE: Confusion has set in. Drugs have taken their
Posted by: Mr. Smiley ()
Date: May 16, 2000 08:06PM

Big Bow Wow wrote:
1. MP3s are not near CD quality; they are mostly closer to radio
quality. You can increase the density so that the MP3s are CD quality
but you also get the MP3s taking up the same disk space as WAVs.
---------------------------------------------

I've made copies of many cds and have yet to hear any difference whatsoever from the original. Maybe someone else's hearing is better than mine, but I cant tell the difference. As for burning MP3's on a cd, they sound better than they did in MP3 format.

Big Bow Wow wrote:
2. MP3s do not play in 99.9% of off the retailer shelf CD players in car
stereos, in boom boxes, in stand alone units, ad nauseum. MP3s are
mostly for playing on PCs, which most people won't take to the beach, to
the pool, in their car, etc.
---------------------------------------------

True, MP3's will not play on a conventional cd player, however if you convert the MP3 to a WAV file, then burn the WAV to a CDR, you can listen to it anywhere. Any the quality is very good from what I can tell.

I can see where Metallica are coming from in their lawsuit, they dont want people making copies of the studio released cds. With CD recorders becoming more inexpensive, there's really no way to stop it from happening unless they encode something into the original cd to prevent it from being copied.

I'm sure everyone who enjoys music, including the artists themselves, have made there own greatest hits tapes/cds. I hope they continue to let people do this and do not stop it.

Smiley

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Whole-Napstar Metallica Fiasco(Part 2) 335 Susumu 05/15/2000 01:56PM
Confusion has set in. Drugs have taken their toll 183 Big Bow Wow 05/16/2000 01:17PM
RE: Confusion has set in. Drugs have taken their184 Mr. Smiley 05/16/2000 08:06PM
RE: Confusion has set in. Drugs have taken their 197Surfpunk05/17/2000 06:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.