Peter Criss and KISS
Posted by: Ojane ()
Date: February 02, 2001 02:55AM

I posted this on KISS-Online as well so forgive the redundancy if you check both boards. Now that it is official that Peter Criss is out of Kiss over a pay dispute and will not play on the band's upcoming Australian and Japanese tour, it will be an embarrassingly awkward ending to what would have been the triumphant final chapter in the legendary career of KISS. But ultimately, it all comes down to a battle of the egos. Had Peter road out the rest of the tour without making waves, Gene could claim victory that the original band members had to crawl back to him for success. Now Peter can feel like he had the final word in embarrassing the band during their final hurrah. If Gene truly cared about the fans, which is his usual B.S. rap, he should have swallowed his stubborn pride and paid Peter whatever he was asking, although Peter was being a bit of a prick himself knowing that he had Gene where he wanted him. Now if we are to be honest, we all know that Peter is a lousy drummer. It's safe to say Peter's new solo career, that he couldn't wait to get busy with, will be just as stellar as his last. While watching him during the Farewell show I saw, I swear he was saying to himself "How can I play these parts and move my body the least. I don't want to break a sweat or strain myself or anything." He is one of the most un-dynamic drummers I've ever seen play and either of the Erics could play circles around him. That being said, we all know it's just not the same, image-wise, not seeing the cat-meister behind the drum kit at a KISS show. With that in mind, everyone who paid to see the original line-up will be greatly disappointed. But purely from a musical perspective, you will be missing nothing, and perhaps gaining something by having almost anyone else playing the drums. Purists will flame me for saying it, but Peter did suck. And he sucks even more for blowing these final gigs, being a spoiled brat, and taking his football and going home. What happened to the Peter that was thanking God he had this opportunity to rejoin the band in '96? It was like his new lease on life and now he gets all cocky and splits during their last moment of glory? Trust me on this, 99% of the show, you'll be watching Gene, Paul and Ace anyway. For the few moments that you glance up to see Peter, he wouldn't be doing anything exciting and it might as well be a cardboard cut-out of him up there. Gene's a money-grubbing stubborn ass, but I say f*ck Peter for being a dick at this time. Go support the band anyway no matter who's playing drums.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Peter Criss and KISS142 Ojane 02/02/2001 02:55AM
Re: Peter Criss and KISS 96 Benno 02/02/2001 02:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.