Thanks Eric ...
Posted by: Copious K9 ()
Date: January 19, 2001 02:22AM

It sounds like Radio Airplay and Live Performances and Record Sales feed off of each other. To get live performances, you need some airplay. To get solid record sales, you need to get life performances.

Didn't Journey tour in 99ish with the new singer but without a new CD? I suspect that that tour sold well and that another tour this summer would too, just on the strength on the Journey name.

Without radio airplay of the new CD, Journey probably won't be able to play that much of the new stuff on tour, because the fans will come to hear what they know and they won't know the new stuff. And if they don't play the new stuff, I can see record sales for the new CD underperforming (but back catalog sales doing well).

I will still be surprised if the new Journey CD does not out sell the new Bon Jovi, which means _Arrival_ should go multi-platinum.

thanks again,
Big Dog

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Re:Eric, learn me some of that record biz ... 130 Eric Abrahamsen 01/18/2001 08:39AM
Thanks Eric ...95 Copious K9 01/19/2001 02:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.