RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen...
Posted by: Billy D'Allyn ()
Date: January 18, 2001 01:42PM

The way I see it, Van Halen getting together with DLR will be the same money hungry circus we all witnessed with the 4 year Kiss reunion thing milking it and squeezing every penny till Lincoln screams!

I can see both sides of the issue with Gary but felt he did a fair job and that VH3 was the most original and solid CD to come from Van Halen since 5150. I loved Sammy but it was clear there were issues on both sides of the fence there. When I saw VH on July 3, 1986 they were a solid band unit with Sammy covering guitars when Eddie was on keys and the 2 of them doing the killer dual guitar assault. In later years it was clear Eddie wanted Sammy to just sing and not do the guitar thing which is ashame. Sammy seemed to have a problem with recognizing the Roth era of Van Halen and apparently didn't want to cover much more of that material than necessary.

Gary did a hell of a job with all eras of VH as well as the new material. Had VH and Gary had the balls to stick it out for another go with a little more fire people may have turned around. I remember many HATING Sammy in the beginning.

The bottomline for me is I'd like to see Sammy and VH settle their differences and reunite for the long haul as opposed to a one time money grabbing venture with Dave.
Bill

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
getting tired waiting for Van Halen... 158 Vantired 01/17/2001 05:24PM
RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen... 102 brent 01/17/2001 05:41PM
RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen... 95 Mats 01/17/2001 07:24PM
RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen... 99 croman 01/18/2001 02:23AM
RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen...116 Billy D'Allyn 01/18/2001 01:42PM
RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen... 95 brent 01/18/2001 02:51PM
RE: getting tired waiting for Van Halen... 129 Billy D'Allyn 01/18/2001 05:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.