RE: UFO - I'm a bit impressed...
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: January 18, 2001 06:12AM

Well, at least we agree on the Chapman era... ;-)

I have honestly no idea why anyone would find 'Covenant' superior to WOW - the former just doesn't have IT - there's no spark, no drive (save for 'Midnight Train'), just a lot of very uninspired sounding UFO music.

And YES, do HATE George Bellas (as a guitar player). He's nothing but a one-dimensional wanna-be Yngwie with a knack for writing really mediocre songs. His attempt at pulling off a credible Schenker on 'Edge Of The World' is almost painful to listen to and his Yngwie-ism are sadly misplaced. I think even Varney ultimately figured out that this guy was nothing special after setting him up with all kinds of people and trying to make into the new guitar deity.

Now 'Chocolate Box' is a WHOLE different ball o' wax. Great record ('This Is A Life', 'King Of The City', 'Jerusalem', 'Muddy's Gold' and 'Death In The Familiy' are CLASSIX! - Don't hear any of those on EOTW) and Kollman is the best thing that's happened to Phil and Pete since at least Paul Chapman if not Schenker. The fact that Mogg is forming a new band with Kollman speaks volumes about he feels about Jeff and the chemistry that obviously exists between them. Can't wait to hear THAT record.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
UFO - I'm a bit impressed... 126 Benno 01/17/2001 01:30PM
Me too... 80 Andrew 01/17/2001 05:46PM
RE: UFO - I'm a bit impressed... 102John Q01/17/2001 07:23PM
RE: UFO - I'm a bit impressed... 92Steve, Denmark01/17/2001 10:07PM
RE: UFO - I'm a bit impressed...90John Q01/18/2001 06:12AM
RE: UFO - I'm a bit impressed... 83Surfpunk01/18/2001 09:08AM
Cheers all 93 Benno 01/19/2001 12:48PM
RE: UFO - I'm a bit impressed... 89 Dries 05/31/2002 06:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.