RE: Stuart Smith/Heaven & Earth
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: January 15, 2001 03:45AM

Vladd wrote:
-------------------------------
This idiot John Q wrote

<<Stuart Smith is an average guitar player at best and I really don't see why anyone would make a big deal about this guy or his band.>>

Average??? He blows away any other guitar player that puts out any album that's reviewed or talked about in this forum and have you even heard the new album? I haven't but I've heard the soundbites that Andrew put up. I'll agree that a couple of songs sound Purplish which isn't surprising considering he was taught by Blackmore himself but the rest sound fresh and new and the guitar playing is as Andrew said more phenonmenal than it was on the last one. I can't wait to hear this album.

Oh well, each to their own opinion. I enjoy Stuart's guitar playing and found his debut to be one of the best albums I had heard in quite a few years. Was a bit dissappointed that Kelly Hansen couldn't do vox as originally planned, but I will have to say that Kelly Keeling has done a very impressive job out of what I've heard.

Kevin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Stuart Smith/Heaven &amp; Earth 112 Vladd 01/14/2001 09:22PM
RE: Stuart Smith/Heaven &amp; Earth93 Kevin 01/15/2001 03:45AM
RE: Stuart Smith/Heaven &amp; Earth 88John Q01/15/2001 05:44AM
RE: Stuart Smith/Heaven &amp; Earth 70 brent 01/15/2001 12:44PM
Heaven &amp; Earth promo copy for trade! 84Steve, Denmark01/16/2001 06:53AM
Royal Snooze 83John Q01/16/2001 07:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.