RE: Danny's album...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: May 14, 2000 04:30PM

Hi John,

I'm not gonna say that I think you'll love Danny's CD, because, as I keep saying in my posts, music is like food: it all comes down to personal taste. While one person's "food of the gods" might be fillet mignon (sp.?), someone else's is bound to be a Quarter Pounder With Cheese. Know what I mean? However, having said that, I have to say that "Somewhere Lost in Time" is my fave album of '99, and it's because of the songs. They are all just so d@mn catchy! I still think I have to agree with those who have criticized the production. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it (or is it the mixing?) just doesn't seem to be quite "right" for my tastes. It might be that the vocals need to be further up in the mix, I don't know. But there's other stuff about the album that, for me, makes up for that. The guitar playing is absolutely stellar. Ya know the way Neal Schon weaves those ultra-melodic fills through a lot of classic Journey tunes? Well, Danny's playing is kind like that, with a healthy dose of Jake E. Lee (back in his Ozzy days) style playing. At least that's what is sounds like to these ears. And the thing that (pleasantly) suprised me the most was Danny's vocals. I'm not sure why, but somehow I thought they might wind up being the weak link on the album. Man, was I wrong!! IMO, Danny sings like an angel. All of these things, combined with songs that stick in your head for days after a spin or two, are what make this album so special to me.

C-Man, I truly am sorry to hear that you found "SLiT" to be a disappointment. I mentioned in a different post a little while ago that I am very aware of the fact that money is hard to come by and that I would never wish for people to feel that I've steered them wrong in terms of the recommendations I make. But I guess, because recommendations are tied to musical taste, it is bound to happen at times, isn't it? Better luck next time I guess, eh? Take care.
Don

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
DANI DANZI 208 C-Man! 05/12/2000 03:01AM
RE: DANI DANZI 160 Danny Danzi 05/12/2000 07:24AM
RE: DANI DANZI 162 John S. 05/12/2000 10:36AM
RE: DANNY DANZI 133 Danny Danzi 05/12/2000 01:50PM
RE: DANNY DANZI 132 John S. 05/13/2000 03:17AM
RE: Danny's album...134 Don 05/14/2000 04:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.