a couple of questions for Andrew
Posted by: Ace ()
Date: January 05, 2001 12:59AM

Hi Andrew,

I've got a couple of questions for you. My first one is regarding Ted Poley's Acoustica cd. Is the one in your review the new one with the six extra tracks, or is it the original one? Also, I've chkd. on-line retailers, Melodica's website, etc., and can't find it, so I was wondering if you could direct me to the site where I can get it, however, I read on Hard Radio that it's going to be released in the U.S.. This one will be the new one w/the 6 extra tracks I'd assume, but seeing how they aren't on the label anymore, and I can't even find the first Melodica cd in stores over here, I'm not sure how I'm going to find the new one.

My second question is about Michael Bormann. A little while ago, you posted that he was going to be doing vocals on another side project (not Rain), however, I can't remember the name of that band and was wondering if you could tell me and also let me know if it's out or the anticipated release date.

Third question is regarding Mike Tramp. For quite a few months you stated that you had this huge interview that you were going to put up but never did, and then you said that you had lunch with him before he left for Europe. I was wondering if you were going to put up the interview or is it now dated, and also, what's the scoop on his new record? When I saw him live in May, I talked with him and his guitarist and from what I understood, the album was over half done then, and by that, I mean that they had apparently already recorded like 5 or 6 songs or something. What's the hold up? Is it a label thing, though I think his isn't very good anyways from what I've seen.

Next question is regarding Danger Danger. Are they basically putting the band on hold, or is a new album possibly in the works, or even a U.S. tour? Last I read from your news section, it seemed to me that they were all going in their different directions, which I hope is not the case cuz they just keep getting better with each release.

Last question is I was wondering if you knew anything about what Crown of Thorns are doing? Haven't heard anything since a little less than a year ago and seems like they should be working, or completing, the follow up to their last album.

I'm sorry, one more. Any news on why there is such a hold up in Warrant getting signed by Spitfire? This thing has been dragging on for like 2 months and I'm dying to get a new album from them.

thanks in advance Andrew for hopefully answering some of these questions. Also wanted to comment on your post a while back on the scene and the need for this site. First off, I think that the melodic hard rock scene is improving...will it be as it was 10 yrs. ago? Probably not in the near future, but it's gaining momentum nonetheless. Also, I think that there are plenty of great releases coming out from the bands from the 70's & '80's, the new breed bands, and all of the MTM, Frontiers, Escape, Kivel bands. I check out your site a minimum of once a day, and usually more, so I just wanted to let you know that I and I'm sure a ton of other people appreciate the work that you put into this site. For the melodic hard rock scene, there is no better source of info. Thank you.

Ace

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
a couple of questions for Andrew166 Ace 01/05/2001 12:59AM
RE: Danger Danger 106Robert01/05/2001 05:27AM
RE: Danger Danger 107 coco 01/05/2001 05:46AM
RE: Danger Danger 109Robert01/05/2001 06:24AM
RE: Danger Danger 112 Kieran 01/05/2001 06:34AM
RE: Danger Danger 102 coco 01/05/2001 09:37AM
RE: Danger Danger 106 coco 01/05/2001 09:40AM
RE: Danger Danger 115 coco 01/06/2001 05:20AM
thanks for the D2 info posts (np) 119Ace01/07/2001 01:44AM
RE: a couple of questions for Andrew 104 Richard 01/05/2001 08:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.