RE: Kivel Saga Continues????
Posted by: Vic Rivera ()
Date: January 06, 2001 09:14AM

To all interested readers:

I am one of the guitar players in AdrianGale, an act currently signed to Kivel Records. In keeping up with my daily reading of the message board, and as a result of my conversations with John Kivel, I've been made aware of some unfortunate posts that serve no purpose other than to attempt to discredit John Kivel and his label.

Whatever dispute has arisen between the party claiming the grievance and Mr. Kivel, no good can come of publicly making statements that, for one, could lead to legitimate legal action, and secondly, really do not become grown men and women. A bit of unsolicited advice - if you have a complaint with Kivel Records (or anyone else for that matter), the matter should be worked out between the two parties, and if it cannot be resolved, the issue should be addressed in a forum which will bring a legal and binding conclusion to the problem. To resort to posting messages of negativity in an effort to damage someone's reputation will not do anything to further the equitable resolution of the matter.

In the year that I have known John Kivel, I have not experienced anything other than a professional demeanor from he and his label. Additionally, the fact that he has been in business for well over two years, his business is growing by the month, and he is generally well regarded should speak for themselves. No business is perfect, but there are ways of coming to terms on a disagreement without publicly bickering.

I make these statements in defense of John Kivel and Kivel Records because I would not care to do business with someone whose integrity is questionable, and John has been nothing but forthcoming with me. We discuss business in a mature, professional manner, and we always manage to come up with fair solutions to any points we don't agree on. I truly hope that the person(s) who claim to have some sticking point with Kivel Records will follow the same lead, and if they cannot reach an agreement, will pursue the matter in avenue other than this public message board.

Best regards to all -

Vic Rivera (Guitar - AdrianGale)

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Kivel Saga Continues???? 143 capt kaos 01/04/2001 10:21PM
RE: Kivel Saga Continues???? 104 KIVEL 01/05/2001 12:17AM
RE: Kivel Saga Continues????93 Vic Rivera 01/06/2001 09:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.