The Kivel issue
Posted by: Eric Abrahamsen ()
Date: January 04, 2001 09:27AM

I know I'll catch some flack here for saying this, which is exactly my point, but this whole Kivel Records "done me wrong" thread below reeks a bit of Fascism in it's response does it not? All this talk of "Traceabilty" and everything that goes with it is a bit frightning. I had one of the Indie labels "heads" send me a sarcastic e mail from the Far East to wish me a "Merry Christmas", after expressing my views on his label on the board. He had every right to e mail a response, but his tone was troubling. The sad thing is I expected it, and that does not say much for the current state of things.

I do think Diamond Doll and the others should have taken thier argument to the source, if they were that serious, but return threats and the like only makes the situation worse, and puts the label(s) and the scene in general, in a bad light.

Maybe I'm wrong, but his message board is to discuss viewpoints on AOR / Melodic Rock. If you wish it to be a "Love- In" for everyone's favorite Label, and Band then so be it, but If you want this to be a forum for various points of view, then we need to expect and accept some negativity and weirdness (like KDM and DiamondDoll) directed towards certain "Movers and Shakers" in the Biz.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Kivel issue146 Eric Abrahamsen 01/04/2001 09:27AM
RE: The Kivel issue 121 KVEL 01/04/2001 10:29AM
RE: The Kivel issue 108 Eric Abrahamsen 01/04/2001 11:09AM
RE: The Kivel issue 110 KIVEL 01/04/2001 11:17AM
RE: To HELL with YOU ( KFD, diamonddoll ) , right! 117 Melodic Lover ( SPAIN) 01/04/2001 11:25AM
RE: To HELL with YOU ( KFD, diamonddoll ) , right! 125 KIVEL 01/04/2001 12:44PM
RE: To HELL with YOU ( KFD, diamonddoll ) , right! 105 Nicky 01/05/2001 05:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.