Opinions Are like........................
Posted by: Lil Al ()
Date: January 04, 2001 05:08AM

Chocolate & Vanilla,Apples & Oranges....and like Assholes cause everybody's got one!!!!!! I tend to look at the Music Bizness like the Auto Industry. Somebody builds a car that sells and somebody else tries to build another car just like it!
Or sometimes it happens by osmosis- The Beatles on up- you got Squeeze, 10cc,ELO.....Led Zep- Detective, Kingdome Come, Heart (my sister in law owns a vinyl bootleg of Heart in a club doing Zep covers). Van Halen-the BulletBoys..AC/DC-Krokus,Rhino Bucket....Stevie Ray Vaughan- Johnny Lang, Kenny Wayne Sheppard. Lynyrd Skynyrd-Molly Hatchet. The Industry will copy a sound if they think it'll make $$$$$$$.That's the Catch-22 They tell you to sound as original as possible, but it really helps if you sound like a established artist.
Here's my favorite A&R story: Guitarist friend showcased for a label guy and he told me, "As the guy was shaking my hand, I could tell he was thinking, Are these guys good enough to keep up the payments on my BMW?" So let's have some more posts about bands being cloned..............

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Opinions Are like........................127 Lil Al 01/04/2001 05:08AM
RE: Opinions Are like........................ 86 croman%%%%%%% 01/06/2001 07:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.