Re: Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ?
Posted by: Martin Howse ()
Date: April 28, 2016 02:13AM

I really enjoyed the weekend.

Band of the weekend for me - The Defiants. Paul Laine was immense vocally, and the set list - stuff from the album, Paul Laine-era Danger Danger and his solo album - was perfect! Absolutely brilliant performance!

Additionally, both headliners - Last In Line and Talisman - were superb. Andrew Freeman - vocalist in Last In Line - is another stunning vocalist. Great to see Vivian Campbell looking well and playing with energy and clear enjoyment. Phil Soussan filled the late Jimmy Bain's place. As for Talisman, another superb set - classic Talisman all the way. JSS was his usual bundle of sweaty energy!

Trixter were fabulous too, although I personally wanted to hear more from "Hear" - but that's a minor gripe - overall they were excellent.

Other notable performances - Find Me (Robbie LaBlanc - another amazing vocal performance); Terry Brock with the Frontiers house band - great performance from the Strangeways man.

Brit bands - The Treatment, Inglorious and Blood Red Saint (I got there too late for No Hot Ashes) - all did us proud, too.

Not a bad turn out, but not sold-out - probably 1,000 punters or so, I'd guess.

I hear they're working on 2017 already.

Martin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ? 750 Shade 04/26/2016 11:13PM
Re: Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ?486 Martin Howse 04/28/2016 02:13AM
Re: Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ? 319 Honestabe30 04/28/2016 11:34PM
Re: Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ? 297 Shade 04/29/2016 09:04AM
Re: Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ? 292 Martin Howse 04/29/2016 09:01PM
Re: Was anybody at Frontiers Festival III ? 322 Martin Howse 04/29/2016 09:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.