RE: defining MHR?
Posted by: Susumu ()
Date: May 07, 2000 11:48PM

Perfect MHR?@It's the question much more difficult than bar exam because people who enjoy MHR bands are made up of music fans who like variety of music style such as classical, jass, R&B, death metal, gothic metal, dance pops , country or so on. But I try to answer this by pointing out the factors composing what melodic rock a melodic rock.

1. Power : To differentiate from ordinary pop this must be a key factor. Heavy Metal during 80s give us good example. As far as I know Too Hot To Sleep of Survivor gives a clue to the question what is the perfect MHR. They made the album that way to distinguish from ordinary pop which became pop rock these days.

2. Melodies: This is essential. Night Ranger albums are perfect text for that.

3.Hooks and surprises. Early Survivor works are full of those. From progressive rock influence I suppose.

4. Pop music: MHR should also treasure the sence of pop music. Bon Jovi is a great example.

As far as I have heard rock albums which have perfect balance of all four are quite limited.

Fair Warning's Four perfectly matches every factors. Too Hot To Sleep, Vital Signs(both by Survivor), Dawn Patrol(Night Ranger), Whitesnake(Serpence album) follows.

Regards

Susumu

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
defining MHR? 211 Alex siedler 05/07/2000 11:14PM
RE: defining MHR?158 Susumu 05/07/2000 11:48PM
RE: defining MHR? 157 Alex siedler 05/08/2000 02:33AM
RE: defining MHR? 178Surfpunk05/08/2000 03:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.