David Glen Eisley - Stranger From The Past
Posted by: Laurent ()
Date: December 15, 2000 08:42PM

Amongst the news CDs I recently bought (The Vu, The Sign, Giuffria, Sammy Hagar) one stands on top of them all : the new David Glen Eisley. What a killer album !

First, it is so good to hear David coming back to his melodic roots. This is, IMHO, David's best work ever. The songwriting is top notch, the arrangements are excellent, the vocals are simply brilliant and emotional, the overall musicianship is outstanding and the cherry on the pie for me is Ron Wikso's tasteful and fine drumming (listen to "Sing Brother" to know what the son of Steve Gadd and Steve Smith would sound like... if he existed !).

The track "Sing Brother" only is worth buying this CD. One of the most moving hard rock ballad ever with great lyrics.

For me, Stranger From The Past is not only Eisley's best work to date but also the best (hard or melodic) rock CD released for quite a long long time.

I deeply regret that Coverdale doesn't have the same wisdom as Eisley when it comes to surronding himself with musicians that suits his style. "Into The Light" would then have been a superb album instead of a good one.

Cheers. Laurent

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
David Glen Eisley - Stranger From The Past137 Laurent 12/15/2000 08:42PM
RE: David Glen Eisley - Stranger From The Past 114Falcon Eddie12/16/2000 10:20AM
RE: David Glen Eisley - Stranger From The Past 122 DantheCDman 12/16/2000 10:29AM
RE: David Glen Eisley - Stranger From The Past 98 Pelpa 12/16/2000 12:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.